Man’s Prosthetic Leg Set on Fire After Losing Drinking Bet

With friends like these–well, you know the rest.

A 47-year-old New Hampshire man suffered severe burns to his lower back and buttocks, after losing a drinking bet with friends.  Worse than losing the bet was that the unidentified man agreed to let his friends light his prosthetic leg on fire, after he came up short in the contest.

Didn’t quite think that one through, did he?

Cops found the flaming one-legged man on the side of U.S. Route 70, naked and on fire.  The man removed his clothing because of the scorching pain–this, of course, came after friends took pity on him and decided to drive him to hospital, only to get scared en route and dump their “friend” off on the side of the road.

The gentleman was taken to a Texas burn center for treatment.

And one final word to the victim–drunk, one-legged, naked and on fire is no way to go through life, son.



Jeff Greenwell is the writer/editor of Last Angry Fan. Jeff has been known to rock a Speedo while belting out Robert Goulet tunes from his front porch, and in his spare time he enjoys capturing and training feral goats to be his minions. Also known to dig a nice brick of cheese from time to time.
One Comment
  • 25 signs that you may have a problem with alcohol | We Interrupt
    21 November 2010 at 11:05 am
    Leave a Reply

    […] of a Texas man was found by the side of the road after losing a bet with friends that involved them setting his prosthetic leg alight. In sober hands the prosthesis fire might have been a bit of fun, but if history has taught us […]

  • Leave a Reply



    Editor's Picks