Prankster’s attempt to extinguish gasoline fire with buttocks ends in emergency room

An Austrian boy suffered serious burns when a Halloween prank went badly wrong.

The 13-year-old and a 10-year-old friend reportedly poured gasoline on a plastic slide at a playground in Kraubath, Styria and set it alight. Then things veered scarily off course. When the fire threatened to spread, and other attempts to extinguish it failed, the older boy decided that the best course of action was to slide down the slide and quell the flames with his buttocks. His trousers caught fire and he suffered second-degree burns.

Neither boy was charged over the prank (because of their age) but their parents are expected to be ordered to pay for the damages. [Austrian Times]


C.S. Magor is the editor-in-chief and a reporter at large for We Interrupt and Uberreview. He currently resides in the Japanese countryside approximately two hours from Tokyo - where he has spent the better part of a decade testing his hypothesis that Japan is neither as quirky nor as interesting as others would have you believe.
No Comment

Leave a Reply



Editor's Picks