Would-be bee smoker burns down house

A Florida man caused a significant amount of damage to his home when he decided to smoke a colony of bees out of his house.

Mario Go of Lake Worth is said to have run into trouble when the support column, which housed the bees, caught fire. The column caught fire, the fire spread to the rest of the house and the rest, as they say, is history. Go’s amateur bee removal scheme caused about $50,000 worth of damage but nobody was injured, not even the bees – they are still there. [UPI]


C.S. Magor is the editor-in-chief and a reporter at large for We Interrupt and Uberreview. He currently resides in the Japanese countryside approximately two hours from Tokyo - where he has spent the better part of a decade testing his hypothesis that Japan is neither as quirky nor as interesting as others would have you believe.
One Comment
  • Tweets that mention Would-be bee smoker burns down house — Topsy.com
    23 December 2010 at 3:20 am
    Leave a Reply

    […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Alltop Odd. Alltop Odd said: Would-be bee smoker burns down house http://bit.ly/h7yhRu Oddities.alltop.com […]

  • Leave a Reply



    Editor's Picks