We Interrupt is one year young next month, so we have decided to celebrate by throwing a writing contest. If you would like a chance to win our grand prize, the complete first season of my latest favorite television show Breaking Bad on DVD (or Blu-ray if it is available) – then read on. If you think my taste in television programs sucks, the prize is redeemable for cold, hard cash (so long as you have a PayPal account).
Any story that is posted through our “Submit News” button at the top of the page will be automatically entered in the contest
We don’t have a lot of rules, but what we have should be self explanatory.
- The contest is open to submissions from now until the end of March 2010.
- Contestants may submit any number of submissions, so long as they are all original.
- Submissions must be the author’s own work and must not have been submitted anywhere else.
- Sources must be properly attributed (for both the article and the image(s)).
- The article content must satisfy our Terms of Service (it must not be offensive or defamatory).
- The winner will be decided on the basis of reader response and our own judgment.
In addition to the main rules, we also ask that contestants refrain from excessive promotion of their submissions on the various online social networks. If you want to submit your piece to Digg or Reddit, we can’t stop you – but that sort of thing is generally frowned upon by those sites and might reflect badly on us.
How to Win
On April 7 we will choose our finalists. Our choice will be based on a number of factors including: page views, comments, and the quality of the submission. The winner will be decided by public vote once the finalists have been accepted.